Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New Releases at Sweet -n Sassy Stamps & A Midnight Madness Challenge

Hello, and happy Tuesday!  July is almost here, and my card today is a celebration of July, and this newly released stamp set from Sweet -n Sassy Stamps.  Larkspur is the flower for July, and I"ll be honest and tell you that before this stamp set  I had no idea what larkspur looks like.  Well, Leah's beautifully illustrated stamp took care of that, but I was still at a loss for what color to go with.  Thank heaven for Google.  Anywho, this is what I came up with.  I played along with the Midnight Madness sketch challenge, and really blinged this one up.  I used some Stampin' Up! striped grosgrain ribbon for many of the elements on this card.  I simply folded the ribbon and gathered it for the ribbon ruffle, and the ribbon flower was made following tutorial I saw on You Tube.  You can see that tutorial here.  The designer paper comes from K&Co.'s Blue Awning collection, and the paper flowers under the ribbon flower are also from K&Co., and match the Blue Awning paper.  I cut a tag with my Bigshot, using one of the Sizzix dies from the Lots of Tags set from Stampin Up!.  I doodled a little bit around the edge with a white gel pen, and finished that element off with the three rhinestones.  Lots of work went in to this one, but I really like the way it turned out, and I hope you do, too.

Please join me tonight  in the Sweet -n Sassy Stamps group forum on SNR Card Universe for a celebration of the newest 10 stamp sets to be released.  There's going to be challenges, prizes, inspiration, and lots of fun chatting with Korin and the girls, and I hope to see you there.  We'll be starting the party at 9 p.m. (EST), and winding up around 11 p.m. (EST).  We had so much fun at our last PAR-TAY, and I'm sure looking forward to another one!  Join us tonight for the fun, friends, and of course, the FREEBIES!!

I'm so happy you could stop by today.  Make it a beautiful day, and happy stamping!
Love ya,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoWiE!! This is jaw-dropping gorgeous, Lorie!!! See you tonight at the PAR-TAY! :)

Carol Hurlock said...

Lorie...holy mackerel this is absolutely breathtaking. I love those beautiful flowers. I am also beguiled by your very beautiful ribbon treatment at the bottom of your card. This is just impressive from one corner to the next. I love it!!! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. It is always a pleasure to come and view your fantastic work!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Dawn B. said...

Gorgeous card.. I love your ribbon treatment..

pam124 said...

Lorie, this is SPECTACULAR!! Your image and fantastic color are pleasing t the eye and yo ur ribbon/flower treatment is a STUNNER!! You did such a terrific job on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Thanks SO MUCH for playing and hope you can join us again next week!!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous, Lorie! I love your coloring... and that ribbon treatment.... STUNNING!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, love that stamp :o)
Jackie xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Lorie!! This is absolutely breathtaking!! Gorgeous in every way!! The coloring of the flowers is stunning and your choice of dp, ribbon treatment and use of the sketch is over the top.

Ceal said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous larkspur image and so beautifully colored! Your yellow and green accents in the embellishments are the perfect accompaniments!! Thanks for participating in this week's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and hope to see you again next week!
Jessica, MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Wowza..One of my faves this week. What a great take on the sketch. Thank you for always making such awesome cards. I always look forward to seeing what will be created week after week for our challenges. No matter what part of the world you are from, from my family to yours I would like to wish you a great 4th of July.
Priscilla

>