Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #87


This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.

"YOUR CHOICE"

Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC86 Gold Star Award goes to...
45. Linda-aka-Oz        
Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC86 Weekly Bonus Winner is...

Here are your random numbers: 20
Timestamp: 2011-01-18 04:47:56 UTC

Please contact Priscilla with your info to claim your Bonus Prizes!!! :)

.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Our MMSC weekly Bonus sponsor is.....





http://priscillastyles-store.blogspot.com/


(redeemable for any images in the "dabbling with digis" line)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**Our January Monthly sponsor is....



http://www.lindystampgang.com/
Click HERE to see the Fantastic Prizes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my card for this week's challenge, and I have several people to thank for helping to ensure that this card was ever even created.  This is the first card I've ever made using my new Gypsy, and I have to say that I REALLY like using it, and can see the endless possibilities.  It was my hope that the Gypsy will inspire me to use my Cricut more, and I think it's going to do just that!  So, thank you, Jenny  for allowing me to give this girl a home.  Thanks goes out to Nikki  for her encouragement and reminding me on a regular basis that I NEED to get a Gypsy because I will just love it!  You were right, Nikki!!  And, thanks to Emma for her Gypsy How To Video series.  They were and are very helpful, and are a great resource for anyone getting started!!
I used the Sweethearts cartridge for the base heart, which I found in the Shadow tab, then cut the flourish 1/4 inch smaller.  I added pearl embellishments around the heart flourish, and I found three flowers that I had crocheted a couple of years ago that I'd forgotten all about.  They worked so well for the element in the sketch.  The lace across the center of the card is some that I crocheted a while ago, and I threaded some taffeta ribbon through the center .  This wonderful digi image from Priscilla Styles Store was colored with Copics, and cut out by hand. I threaded part of the flourish through a couple of slits I made in the arm to bring everything together.
You can see from this picture that I used a lot of the Moon Glow Starburst Stain from Lindy's Stamp Gang on the paper.  I simply gave the paper a good coating of the stain, then let it dry overnight.  Once it was dry, I ironed, and yes, I said IRONED the paper to make it smooth again, but if you crinkled the paper up, that would be a great effect, too.  I also added some of the stain to the base heart layer.  This card was a labor of love, but oh, so worth it!  I hope you likey!!  Now, bee sure to head over to  the Midnight Madness Challenge Blog to feast your eyes all all the amazing and inspirational creations the design team has for you.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a beautiful day and happy stamping!

12 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning. Awesome design.

JennyKozar said...

YEAH!!! So happy to see your gypsy girl hard at work.

This card is just beautiful I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us.
Hugs, Jenny

Barbara said...

Lorie, WOW! This card is amazing! The time and love you put into it was sooooo worth it. It is a masterpiece! The image just proves that less is more --- I like that only his legs and the bouquet at his side show. Very romantic.

Hugs,
Barb

Nikki Foraker said...

OMG!!! Yippe skippy!!! It is GORG!!! And I am THRILLED that you got a Gypsy...now ya gotta namer her...HAHA Cher is taken!!!

♥ Nikki ♥

Grenouille Greetings said...

What fun, Lorie! Lovely! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Renee Matarese said...

Wow! This pearl work is incredible! You are an amazing colorer (is that a word?) too! Your images always seem so realistic. I like how you've etwined the man into the heart flourish as well.
ReneƩ
Midnight Madness Design Team

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh, Lorie, this card is absolutely darling! I love the image, the pearls, the flourishes. Stunning!

LindaS said...

Such a cool card. I especially love the heart with pearls. LindaS/PSDT

karen said...

Oh MY!!!!!!!!! This is fabulous!!!!!

Priscilla said...

Hi Lorie, your card this week is FANTASTIC and your post looks perfect ;)
Your detail on this card is just wonderful and you have really created a special card. I am so glad you are on the MMDT and ecstatic that you make such wonderful cards. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being on this team and using my image this week.
Priscilla

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Lori!
Your ccard is so very pretty! Love the heartshape you have used. The colorings are amazing and I love the all the pearls and the little flowers!

Hugs
Gunn

Ellis said...

Thanks for the comments om my card, had to search the MM blog to find you and write back, lovely card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

>