Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Head of the Class!

Good morning!  Many of you are still sending your kiddos off to school, and I've got another card to share with you celebrating the whole back-to-school thing.  For this one I used one of the CAH-UTE sets release this month at Peachy Keen Stamps.   PK-126 Smartie the Owl is such a great set for so many wonderful cards and layouts, and I think he's just as cute as he can be!
 

Everything used to make this card comes from the August Peachy Picks Kit, and I especially love the faux Polaroid frames that are included with this kit.  What a fun idea and I can't wait to play some more with them.  I've seen some of our PKS designers use them to create little scenes, which is really cute, too.  I stamped Mr. Smartie with Memento ink and colored him in with Copic markers, adding texture by whisping the ink for the feathers and dotting the ink for his cute little round belly.  It doesn't show up so well in the photo, but I put some glossy accents on Smartie's glasses to make them extra shiny and add some dimension. 
 
I'm really missing my Granny today.  It's really odd how that hits one at what can be the most inopportune or unexpected time.   I've got so many wonderful memories of her, and each time I open a cabinet and see her handwritten note or recipe that she has taped inside, it brings a smile.  Sometimes tears, too, but always a smile.  I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday filled with only smiles and LOTS of happy stamping!  Have a blessed and beautiful day!
 

 




4 comments:

Kate said...

Holy Smokes that owl looks so real. Fantasic Coloring like always. So glad you have wonderful memories of your Granny.

Glora said...

BEAUTIFUL card Lorie. This is spectacular. The glossy accents on the glasses are PERFECT. HUGS to you on missing Granny today. They are such a part of who we are and it is hard to not have them with us anymore. HUGEST of HUGS and LOTS OF LOVE! - Glora

Judy McMullen said...

Oh, this Smartie image is very CAH-UTE and per usual so beautifully colored by YOU! Super card!

Lorie, sending you great big HUGS! Wishing you sweet memories of your Granny. I know exactly what you mean when you say "It's really odd how that hits one at the most inopportune time." Wishing you a blessed and beautiful day too, my dear friend!!!

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

OH my goodness!! Lorie!! I haven't been on your blog in FAR TOO LONG! What the heck only a few comments? That is odd! Is there something wrong with your feed? I love the coloring on this owl!! YOU ARE THE BOMB! HUGE HUGS! Love ya! Kathy

>