Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PKS Challenge #29 & A Recipe Challenge

Good morning!  Well, today I'm combining my challenge for The Recipe Challenge Blog with the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog.  You see, our PKS challenge is a recipe for a picnic, and The Recipe Challenge Blog is challenging us to do salads.  I combined the two with my favorite picnic salad, which is old fashoined potato salad.  For this card, I cut 1/2 inch strips of paper, and wove the checked table cloth background.  For stamps, I thought pretty seriously about using my Faceless Veggie stamps from Peachy Keen, and utilizing that adorable tater, but I just couldn't get past the idea of picnics and those checked table cloths, and lots of happy flowers around, so I went with my PKS Funny Flowers, and the Faceless Petal Daisy Flowers for the border.  I stamped the daisy petals in So Saffron, then stamped the outline of the daisy in red.  The little Funny Flower with those cute ladybugs was colored with Copics, and highlighted with a white gel pen.  I used some Spring Flower Soft from Scrapbook Store At Your Door for the centers of all the border flowers.  I had been hoarding that stuff since Julie sent it to me, for something special, and it was definitely worth the wait.  That is some fun stuff to work with!  I LOVE the texture and dimension it adds!!!!  This card was finished with some Dew Drops down the side, and is now ready for display on my recipe stand.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful recipe cards of both The Recipe Challenge Design Team, and our Peachy Keen Stamps Design Team.  There is some tremendous talent among our designers, and I promise you will have yummy recipes galore to oogle!!!!!  On another note, you have just GOT to follow this link to see what our fearless leader, Kathy has been up to, and you'll see what I mean about those adorable Faceless Veggie stamps.  They are just so stinkin' CUTE!!  Also, be sure to check out the new look to the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog, because it's wonderfully awesome, and such a fun place to visit!!  I'm thrilled you could stop by today.  May you have a beautiful day filled with LOTS of happy stamping!

Love ya,

11 comments:

Nikki Foraker said...

SO SO CUTE!!!! Also, I think it's so cool how people's tater salad recipes are ALL so different! I see that you like yours eggy! ;o)

HUGS!
Nikki

Jackie said...

Oh I love this. Not a willing cook myself so will find this one very difficult @o)
Jackie xx

Janice W. said...

What a nice post you have written! I love how you made your recipe card. Your woven tablecloth was a brilliant idea and of course your coloring is amazing! I love your flower borders too!
Hugs, Janice

My Creative Time said...

ADORABLE LORIE!! THIS CAME OUT SOOOO CUTE!!!
Big Hugs,
Emma;)

Miss Giebel said...

Lorie, this recipe card is darling. I love love love how you colored the sunflower!! The woven paper is gorgeous!! super awesome job!
hugs,
Heidi
xo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Lorie, this is absolutely gorgeous! Recipe sounds yummy, too.

karen said...

its adorable lorie!!

*Susan* said...

Oh my gosh this is picnic perfect! Wonderful idea to weave the background. Those cut-out flower borders are so sweet and such a perfect accent to the card! {hug}

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

WOW.. Lorie! This is AMAZING! The funny flower is colored and cut beautifully and the flower border is so gorgeous! WEAVED PAPER! WOW.. AGAIN.. you floor me! Hugs and lots of Love, Kathy

Angelica Suarez said...

Lorie, I love this!!! The coloring, the centers of the flowers, everything is beautiful. Thank YOU for sharing such talent with us!

Samantha Casey said...

Lorie, your recipe card is beautiful! I love the weaved background, and your flower borders! Your flower is colored beautifully! I love the detail, and your recipe sounds really tasty too!

>